Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mary Ellen's Scrap Basket: McCall's Quick Quilts Oct/Nov 2011

Image courtesy of McCall's Quick Quilts (click on image for larger, prettier view!)

My mom is the namesake for this quilt. The original quilt I made, after designing this very simple quilt, was made using fabrics by Moda. It was bright and cheerful, and the design reminded me of a basket weave. Besides, my mom loves to garden, and I thought of her clipping roses from her rose bushes and placing them in a basket to take inside and stick in a pretty vase!

The great thing about this quilt design is that no matter what fabrics you use, the design will look different each and every time! In this rendition, I used a lot of visually textured prints to lend a great amount of interest!

Image courtesy of McCall's Quick Quilts


On newsstands now, is the October/November 2011 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts magazine. See my "Mary Ellen's Basket" quilt pattern (called Mary Ellen's Scrap Basket), where I used Tonga batiks from Timeless Treasures.

2 comments:

circle retreat quilter said...

Hi Suz, It Stacey here from Australia. We met at Market in Houston, just last the other day really the time has flown past.I love this quilt the colours look fantastic.

circle retreat quilter said...

Hi Suz, Stacey here from Australia.... I love this quilt.The colours are fab. I hope you had a great time at Market. I had a ball.