Sunday, February 15, 2009

June 2009 issue of Quilter's Home Magazine, etc.

I received a phone call from Mark Lipinski of Quilter's Home magazine on Friday, asking a few questions about a quilt I made specifically for QH.  The name of the quilt is "Go Bananas!", and it will be in the June 2009 issue, along with some other colorful quilts.  I used the fabric line called: Minny Muu, by Lecien (a Japanese fabric company).  The fabrics are very playful and fun and I hope you'll enjoy the quilt, too!  The quilt's center is a traditional, somewhat-difficult pattern but I made it up so that anyone can make it easily.

I just checked my photo album to see if I could give you a sneek-peek, but I had forgotten that, at the time, I was rushed to get the quilt in the mail and never took a picture of it.  All I have is the EQ6 image and it simply doesn't show the fabrics as well as in person.

This afternoon I must work on the upcoming "Norman Rockwell's Christmas" collection quilt for Quilting Treasures.  It's a very simple design and I'll let you know when it is available as a free pattern on QT's site (sometime after May).  The quilt will be shown at Spring Market in Pittsburgh, as well, for those of you who are attending.  I'm waiting for my "I Love Lucy" fabrics (also QT).  That's the next one I'll be doing for Spring Market, as well.  The new line is called: "Hollywood At Last".  The thing I love about QT's fabrics is that they bring back such fond memories of the past!

1 comment:

lissa said...

You certainly are staying busy. I can't wait to see what you create.